Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekly Wrapup

This week, school was week, but the learning was not.

We got the 3 "r's" done, and from the Shiver Acadamy, we have been using their Book of Vitures Project as a guide for Character Studies as well as the bible studies from Christian Liberty Press.

The oldest was definately challenged this week, starting with math, doing equivelant fractions. Then for Language Arts, he had to Start a project Essay as well as a couple of other small writing projects, he is so afraid of getting it wrong, he gives up before he starts. He did okay once he got rolling.

Little Miss, still struggles getting her addition down, I wonder if it is her doubting herself and wanting to double check or if she is still having a problem with them. She worked on a couple of crafty projects.

My little man, pushes himself over and over,he continues to try to work on his mulitiplication tables with his older brother (The Timez Attack game is proving to be worth the money spent). He loves doing Italian, especially since it also is computer based and he has figured out that he can hear himself and get feedback.

We are going through a remodel of the house. We have been spending time painting and finishing the new bedroom for the boys. The are tickled as we have new beds for them in the garage awaiting the ground work, and I was able to find some old gym lockers for their room.

The Book of Virtues project, I bought the kids each a composition book for notes and pictures and where we can put the lapbooking components. All three really enjoy the work, it is putting the lessons into practice they are not so thrilled with. Right now we are working on Self-discipline (like I am the one to teach that).

Our Math and Language Arts Curriculum are both through computer based, and I wished I would have used these sooner. I love both subjects but am learning that I do not teach them well. This relieves a lot of the pressure from me on "am I doing it okay", because I can supplement as needed.

Now we start looking forward to next week....

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the three r's are all I can manage :) It sounds like a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the 3 rs are more that I can muster. Anytime those get done is a success! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete