Monday, March 8, 2010

Just let him go!!!

When the youngest was about 4 (barely) I would settle down the older two to start some work and the youngest would we his pants. He would stand there, look at me and wet.....Sometimes I am not the brightest lightbulb in the box, as this went on for about 3 weeks.

SO at his young age I picked him up a kindergarten curriculum, we started with the abc's and numbers, and the wetting stopped. He wanted "real" work like the older two.

Fast forward to today. He is now 6, I decided to buy his 2nd grade curriculum with our tax return so we would have it when he was ready...he looked through the first units of both Language Arts and Math and proudly proclaimed "this is easy stuff"...so we agreed that we would try it...

He is whipping through these no problem...this child scares me, will I be able to keep up with him?

We were at Ross' a while back and they had some "Talk now" disks for the computer...Italian and French. For just a couple of bucks I figured I would give them a shot. I put them in the little book we have for disks for school and forgot about them. My little man/child found them and proclaimed he wanted to do them. He has now learned colors in Italian and is going through the numbers...

My oldest was doing his Timez Attack (he cant seem to get passed the 4's)...my youngest starts telling him the answers...by the time his sister goes through this, he will have no need as he will have them all down. Today he wanted to know how they worked, so I showed him. A little while later, he came to me and showed me that he had figured out the 5's....

This child is amazing with what he is learning...he is knocking my socks off!!!! Thank God I homeschool this child, for he would be bored and frustrated in ps.

No comments:

Post a Comment