Monday, March 1, 2010

Last weeks wrap up

This past week we focused our attention in different areas. The oldest was "freaking" over his spelling and needs to get his multiplication tables down.

I purchased the timez attack upgrade...now the problem is getting him off of it! YEAH!. We worked on his spelling list, doing just a couple of regular language arts and he aced his test! A real confidence booster for him.

For the princess, we worked on her reading a bit. Seems she missed some of the lessons and was struggling so I sat and read with her, we also worked on addition and subtraction facts.

The little man...Aint no stopping this boy. He still was working his lifepacs..he just about finished unit one. (I thing these are suppose to take longer than 2 weeks arent they?)...But he is getting it...he has to be the best "student" because he asks until he is sure he understands, not skipping anything with him. The language arts is not as fast, he enjoys it, but at only 6, his reading is a little behind the work, so we have to do the reading portions a couple of times.

Today..my keyboard on the computer froze...so we took the day off of schoolwork time. After dinner, I was thumbing through a book I had...the little one climbed into my lap to see what I was looking at...an old book (actually one of a set) THE BOOK OF LIFE. I was thumbing through volume one...he started reading to me. He read and read until bedtime. How awesome.

On Saturday, I was "window shopping" on the computer, and found a refurbished laptop for under $200...talked to DH and he said to order it...so I have a laptop on the way that I will be able to dedicate to schoolwork...YEAH...Coordinating computer time for the kids is getting to be a challenge, as I have 2 on SOS, one on Timez Attack, and all 3 love spelling city. The youngest loves starfall.com and the princess loves addition games. This should ease up "waiting" time. Thank you Lord. My dream is in time each child have their own.

We had been using "THE NARROW WAY" curriculum, but I think we may need to set it aside as the kids arent seeing the correlations. I think we will work on The Book of Virtues first.

Oh how I love the flexibility of homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment