Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our New Math Curriculum.

As much as I really wanted my oldest to go through saxon math, he found the work repetative and boring, he despised doing it, to the point he would often battle about getting it done. Initially he was enthusiastic until he reached the point that he was doing the same type of problems over and over.

So, I ordered the Switched on Schoolhouse computer math course and it arrived today. I set it up on the computer and played around with it enough to become familiar with how it works then called him over to it. I pray that this will be a sign of things to come, he did 2 lessons after dinner, played with his home page and is sending me "emails". The first one was after his first lesson in which he wrote..."I love SOS math!)

We shall see as I hope it is not just because it is new. If it works well, I may get the appropriate ones for my other 2....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jodie! My name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling Company Alpha Omega Publications. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our Switched on Schoolhouse curriculum on your blog. We are thrilled that your son is loving it and we are excited to see how he does in the future!

    We would appreciate so much a link from your blog to our site at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way your friends and readers can simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice!

    If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net.

    Thanks again and have a fantastic day!
    Kristi Gesink
    AOP

    ReplyDelete