Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homeschool Tracker

For the past couple of weeks I have been using the Homeschool Tracker system to keep records. I am not required by my state to keep detailed records, but I find that it helps me keep the kids on track. The kids like the fact that I can print out their daily assignments and they can cross off each one as it is finished.

I did learn a valuable lesson on backing up...in cleaning up my harddrive this week, I deleted all the previous weeks info, however that turned out to be a blessing as I had become more familiar with the system and am much more satisfied with the new way I set up the kids info.

This and setting up a system for what rescources I have is making our "schooltime" easier for me as I am not running circles, and obtaining duplicates.

As the oldest was watching me set this up he asked me about grades (which this system can track nicely) I have never really graded them, so what I have done is classes we do together (Devotions, Character Curriculum, History and Science) I grade on attitude based on a point system. Classes like math with be "graded"at 1 point per problem solved. They all seem to like that for now.

IF you need to track attendance, grades etc this is free (you can upgrade to a more advanced program, but this works for me for now) The forum on there to get started or help is wonderful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment