Monday, January 12, 2009

My wookie is going to be 9 at the end of the Month. I have all 3 enrolled in 4-h but feel so lost...cubscouts seemed a lot easier and I don't know why. I think it is because with scouts you have 1 year to finish stuff. With 4h they are 2-3 year projects.

Wookie is going to be doing small engines. I picked up a kit to build a "battery" operated engine to let him learn the parts. We were doing the kit today and got it just about together and I realized we put a part on wrong...at the beginning. Tonite after he is in bed, I will tear it down and get it to the point it was as not to exasperate him. He already broke the timing belt which I cannot get a replacement for through the company so we shall improvise. We have gone over the crank shaft, pistons, head gasket and other parts of an internal combustion engine.

My hope is to find someone with a non-functioning gas lawn mower that we can disassemble and reassemble this summer.


Tomorrow, Belle (6) and I will work on sewing. I am going to set up some paper and hand have her practice on the machine. I have tried hand sewing with her but she does not seem to have the fine motor skill nor patience yet. IF she can master this, I picked up a couple of panels for her to put together. I think these will help her control not so straight stitching and I believe the panels to be extremely forgiving.

As for Anakin (5). He so wants to do the bigger kid things, he and I will be working on his cooking for 4h.

1 comment:

  1. Love the names you chose for the kiddos.. Too cute :) I found your blog from the other one! I had such a great time yesterday.. I look forward to more get togethers. We really needed it, to get out and spend time with friends and get some exercise in too :) I went to see about 4H. you are right I was lost from the beginning and not sure if this is what we are looking for. Robb likes it but I like Scouts better as far as the books. I can figure out what really needs to be done and the time frame is realistic.. So thinking about joining Scouts again? I might put the boys back in and Robb and I sit on the sidelines and cheer them on.. We will see.. Still debating with 4H.. I've spent so much time with Scouts it's hard to get familiar with anything else :) Blessings <><

    ReplyDelete